Creating a new map using Google maps is simple. Visit mapsenginge.google.com/map and you will get an option to open, or create a new map.
To find a location you would like to visit, simply enter the address in this search box.
Once you enter your address, the map should look like this:
On the left, you have your layer box.
You can use layers to group relative locations or points. If you want schools in the area, ake the locations and create a layer for them. You may also search a new location here. The green point is your current search.
Below the address box are your tools (from left to right):
Undo, Redo, Grab Item, Add Marker, Draw a Line, Add Directions, and Measure Distance and areas.
- Undo – Will undo your last action.
- Redo – Will redo your last action.
- Grab Item – You can grab markers, points, and anything on the map with this tool. You can also use it to grab the map and move to a local area outside of the map’s view.
- Add Marker – This is what you will use to drop markers onto the map.
- Draw a Line – You can use this to draw a line from one marker or area on the map to another.
- Add Directions – You can add directions from one marker or area to another in real time.
- Measure Distance and areas – You can measure the distance from one marker or area to another in real time.
Use the + and - symbols in the bottom right of your webpage to zoom in/out of the area.
To add a new point, select the marker tool in the toolbox below the search box. Left-Click on where you want your point to go. Once you have chosen a point, a small formbox will appear with a default name and a textbox below for comments.
Once the point has a name and description, it should look like this.
You may edit, get directions, or delete the point by choosing one of the icons in the bottom right corner of the formbox.
Once you are done with your point, you may simply click the "x" icon in the upper right corner of the formbox, or drop another point with the Set Marker tool.
To change the icon and color of your point, find it in your layers under map options on the left.
You may choose from a variety of shapes for your point icon.
Once you have added your points and layers, you are ready to save and share your map. In the upper right corner of your window, click the “Share” button.
A new window will appear allowing you to name and add a description to your map.
Next, customize your share options. To change it, click “Change” under the “Who has access” option.
Change the sharing option that fits your need.
Last but not least, share your link to your audience to view it.